Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Cleaning!

The Mister and I moved into a new place a week before the beginning of the month, and have only just now finally settled in. We've had quite a few guests to the new place already, including a dear friend, who we hope will be moving up to Big Sky for the winter season. We have new plants, a beautiful mantle and a heinous chest freezer. What more could we need?

Today we've been cleaning up in preparation for a visit, and I looked up recipes for natural glass cleaner. I combined a few that I found and here's the one that I used today with great success:

Verre Propre
1:1 ratio of water to vinegar (I used 3/4 C apple cider vinegar)
dash of lemon juice
1 t Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap

I'd also read somewhere that old newspaper cleans glass well. I highly recommend it!

I'm now searching for a recipe for a Tea Tree oil-based household cleanser. That stuff is amazingly powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment