Friday, October 22, 2010

Hausfrau

I've been seasonally unemployed since the 10th, and have been taking this time off to explore what it might be like to be a housewife. So far, so good.

Here's what I've discovered:

There still isn't enough time for all the knitting you want to do.
Running hurts more than walking, even if it's the same distance.
Guinness Cake
Long walks with Cao make us both happy!


About half way through last month, we moved to a new place. I am so in love with it. It receives direct sunlight for most of the day, isn't 55 degrees when I wake up and I finally have all of my belonging around me. This off-season has been great, partially because of the new place, and because I know that I'll be returning to Alaska for 3 1/2 weeks soon. A dear friend of mine is planning on moving down here for the winter, which will make Big Sky even better.

In knitting news, Stix has agreed to let me knit store models for them, so I've been working on a Colonnade Scarf in Malabrigo Lace in Autumn Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment