Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweater!

Snow outside, my first sweater inside.

mms_picture-16

I've been working on Kate Davies' o w l s sweater for the past week made of Thirteen Mile predator-friendly yarn. There is quite a bit of hay spun into the yarn, but besides that, the bulky is a pleasure to work with and as it is very slightly thick/thin, it is beautifully rustic in this pattern. I omitted the owls, but chose this sweater specifically because of it's shaping. It's looked great on a variety of body types, and I can't wait to see it finished.

On the Ravelry Newlyweds group, we've been discussing our sweater plans for this year, and one of the members led me to the Fit to Flatter sweater fit tutorial. A lot of it is rather common sense information about how to dress for your body type, but with a focus on handknits. She also includes instructions on adapting sweater fit and ratios though.

On January 25th, at Stix, I will be teaching a class on basic brioche. We will be knitting an oversized brioche cowl in the round, with worsted weight yarn. Contact Stix if you are interested! I believe it is free of charge as long as you buy your supplies at there!

No comments:

Post a Comment